Servings 2 portion
Cooking 30 minutes
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 4 slices of Au Pain Doré Rustic Belgian bread
- Vegan mayonnaise to taste
- 1 large tomato
- A few lettuce leaves
- 1 black olive
- Preheat the oven to 160C/320F.
- Trim the ends off the eggplant, then cut into quarters lengthwise to make 4 long pieces.
- Lay each quarter flat on the cutting board and cut into thin slices about 1/4 cm. Repeat until the eggplant is completely cut.
- Place parchment paper on 2 baking sheets and place the eggplant slices on them.
- Prepare the marinade by combining all the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Generously brush the eggplant slices on each side.
- Put in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Check them after 10 minutes and turn them over.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
The sandwich is ready to be assembled!