Servings 2 portions
Cooking 20 minutes
- 2 slices of Au Pain Doré Croissant Loaf
- 6 slices of OKA Classique Cheese, sliced a ¼” thick
- 24 cherry tomatoes (red or multi-coloured)
- 2 Tbsp of unsalted butter
- Fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
- Place the cherry tomatoes in a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Then place them on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Place the baking tray in the oven for approx. 25-30 minutes. The cherry tomatoes should have reduced in size and begun to caramelize.
- While the tomatoes are roasting in the oven, spread some butter on both slices of croissant loaf, on both sides.
- Place a skillet on medium heat and grill the slices of croissant loaf on both sides until golden and toasty all around. Once the bread has been grilled, place on a wire cooling rack until the tomatoes are finished roasting.
- Once the tomatoes are done, place 3 slices of the OKA cheese on each piece of bread. Top with the roasted tomatoes. You can leave the skins on the tomatoes or remove them once out of the oven.
- Place the topped slices of croissant loaf on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place into the oven to thoroughly melt the OKA cheese.
- Top with the fresh basil and a few grains of coarse salt and pepper. Serve warm while the cheese is melty