Servings 2-3 portions
Cooking 15 minutes
- 4 slices of Au Pain Dore Croissant Loaf
- 6 slices (3 per sandwich) of OKA Classique
- Cheese sliced into approx. 1/4” thick slices
- 4 Tbsp of unsalted butter
- Using 2 tablespoons of the butter, butter one side of all 4 pieces of the Croissant Loaf.
- Place 2 pieces of the buttered Croissant Loaf in a skillet that has been heated on medium. Layer 3 pieces of the OKA cheese on each slice of Croissant Loaf. Top with the remaining slices of Croissant Loaf, buttered side up.
- Grill the sandwiches until they are golden and toasty, flip and repeat for the top side.
- Once the sandwiches are perfectly golden and toasty, remove from the skillet, place on a wire cooling rack, and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, use a serrated knife to cut each sandwich into 9 cubed pieces.
- Melt the remaining butter in a skillet set on low. Place the grilled cheese cubes into the skillet, taking care to grill the cut side of the cubes.
- Using tongs, turn the cubes to lightly grill all 4 sides of the cubes.
- Serve immediately as an indulgent topping for soup or even salad. OKA grilled cheese croutons would pair perfectly with a roasted cauliflower soup or a creamy tomato bisque.