Servings 4 portions
Cooking 45 minutes
- 4 slices of Au Pain Doré Slice Croissant Loaf
- 1 large sweet potato
- 80g Maple OKA Cheese (Shredded)
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Sweet potato crisps (optional)
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into half inch cubes. Place in a pot and cover with cold water to about one inch above the potatoes. Place on medium high heat and boil until the potatoes are fork tender.
- While the potatoes are boiling make the cheese crisp by taking approximately 20 gr of the shredded cheese and spreading it out on a parchment lined baking sheet. Be sure to spread out evenly. Bake at 350°F until the cheese is completely melted and has formed little bubbles. Set aside to cool.
- Whip the ½ cup of cream until it forms soft peaks. Lightly season with salt and pepper to taste. Take one sprig of rosemary and bend it in several areas to release its natural oils. Add the whole sprig to the cream and mix lightly scent it. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grill or toast the croissant loaf slices then spread some butter on each slice. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes are fork tender, drain the water and add the cream and remaining butter. Mash together slightly and then add the remaining 60gr shredded OKA Maple Cheese. Continue to mash until everything is well incorporated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- While still warm, spoon the sweet potato mash onto each piece of toast.
- Remove the sprig of rosemary from the chilled cream and top the potatoes with a dollop of the rosemary scented whipped cream.
- Finnish by garnishing with the cheese crisp, sweet potato crisps and sprig of rosemary.