A Zero Waste delicious Pudding
Do you have some leftover fruit bread that’s been sitting around for a few days? Not sure what to do with it? Here’s a delicious zero-waste recipe that can inspire you.
This cranberry and orange dessert is comforting and combines the tangy flavors of cranberries and oranges with the rich and creamy texture of bread pudding. It’s the perfect dessert for the Holiday season or anytime you’re craving a warm and comforting treat.
- 6 cups (1.5 L) of Cranberry & Orange bread cubes
- 1 cup (250 ml) of chopped peeled apples
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) of cranberries (fresh or thawed)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of toasted chopped nuts
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) of milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) of apple juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) of ground cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of icing sugar
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Grease eight 1-cup (250 ml) ramekins and set aside.Mix the bread cubes, apples, cranberries, and nuts together.
Whisk the milk, brown sugar, apple juice, eggs, cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
Pour over the bread mixture.
Let sit for 30 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
Divide the mixture evenly among the ramekins.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden, puffed, and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy!